Friday, July 11, 2008

Giving God Thanks!

"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love is eternal."
- Psalm 136:1

Kerron Clement is headed for the Olympics in the 400-meter intermediate hurdles after finishing second during the Olympic Trials on June 30.

Kerron struggled growing up in Trinidad. Despite poverty and having to work hard for every meal he ate, he was blessed with the God-given talent of speed. He has used his talent to set records while at the University of Florida and at various events.

And although he is now financially stable thanks to a sponsorship from Nike, Kerron has never failed to thank God for his ability and the opportunities bestowed upon him.

"I'm financially stable. I’m just happy at this point in my life. I came from having nothing, so I’ve just been thankful to God that he blessed me with opportunity and he gave me favor with man," Clement said. "Every single time I cross the line I say 'Thank God,' because he made it possible."

When was the last time you thanked God for what he has given you?


See the article about Kerron Clement here - Click me!

No comments: