Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Eat Your Eggs!

All the animals of the earth, all the birds of the sky, all the small animals that scurry along the ground, and all the fish in the sea will look on you with fear and terror. I have placed them in your power. I have given them to you for food, just as I have given you grain and vegetables. - Genesis 9:2-3

Today's post is a guest blog from John Berardi. I completely agree with John about this topic. I'm sure you'll find it eye opening.

Last week, a study suggesting that eating more than 7 eggs per week can lead to premature death. Uh, oh. I eat about 21 whole eggs a week (3 per day) - So do I (Nate).

So I guess I should be dead already. But instead of getting worried, I'm chuckling. Laughing at the absurdity of it all. You see, this idea, the idea that natural foods like eggs, lean meats, soybeans, whole grain cereals, etc. can inherently be bad for us, is so absurd that the only thing an intelligent person can do is chuckle.

First of all, the "egg study" is flawed and virtually meaningless. Second of all, the media has it all wrong about the "goodness" or "badness" of specific foods. You see, very, very few foods either qualify as good or bad (except when referring to high fructose corn syrup and trans fats).

Instead, it's our own physiological environment that sets the stage for how the food reacts within our bodies. Control the environment and the food part becomes ridiculously simple. If you've ever been confused by the seemingly contradictory nutrition information out there, you've got to check out this week's article.

Good vs. Bad Foods: Eggs!

It's time to put the good food vs. bad food debate to bed once and for all.

Until next time,

JB

No comments: