Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Back on Track!

"Before long, the jailer put Joseph in charge of all the other prisoners and over everything that happened in that prison. The chief jailer had no more worries after that, because Joseph took care of everything. The Lord was with him, making everything run smoothly and successfully."- Genesis 39:22-23

I apologize that I haven't posted a blog since the beginning of November. I was extremely busy during the entire fall and throughout the holidays. I was also sick four different times between the beginning of November through the first week of January.

Luckily, I'm finally healthy and am working toward making regular blog posts once again. During the last few months, I've been busy with my own training but also with thoughts on what I want to accomplish in the next few years. I am currently working toward a personal training certification through the International Youth Conditioning Association (IYCA), as I have an interest in working with today's youth to help them improve their self-confidence while living a healthy lifestyle and avoiding illnesses like diabetes and obesity.

I will also work toward another general personal training certification with the American Council on Exercise (ACE) later this year or early next year to give me the basic information I need to work with various populations. Both of these certifications will help me in my quest to own my own fitness-based business and be able to train others.

I have also spent the last few months reading a variety of nutrition, fitness and business-related books that will help me when I make the jump toward opening my own business. And, of course, I've been praying about it (but not as much as I should!).

I still have various ideas of what I want to do, but I will need to make sure that it's something God truly wants me to do. With more prayer and bible study, I should be able to get the answers I need in order to find a way I can minster to others through my passion for health and fitness.

In the meantime, I'll continue to post useful information on my blog several times each week to help you with your health and fitness goals.

God bless!

No comments: